1. Carmen, Las Gazellas have participated at the Figueira Beach Rugby International twice. What your thoughts about the event?
R: Two words: GOOD ATMOSPHERE!
2. What do you think about the womens competition level in Figueira?
R: The first time we participated, we were surprised, same for last year. In Belgium we don’t have many tough opponents. So it’s great to compete better teams in Figueira. It’s a good motivation to get higher and higher on the ranking every year.
3. Last year you did a really good tournament almost reaching the finals. Can we expect a strong Las Gazellas team fighting for the title in 2014?
R: Every year we try to get better. Last year we lost the 3rd/4th place-final. This year we want to go for the finals. We changed the team a bit, so hopefully the team is ready for Figueira 2014.
4. The European Beach Rugby Association is really commited to make real a women circuito of Beach Rugby. Are the Gazellas ready to make it?
R: Sure we are! I think it’s a very good idea. We would like to be part of the European Beachrugby circuit. More challenges, better opponents and more regard for women rugby.
5. Will we see you with The Gazellas Team in Figueira Beach Rugby Tournament 2014?
R: Well, our flight tickets are already booked two months ago, so yes, you can expect the ‘Gazellas team’ again (and on fire ;))!
Thanks for your time and support.